The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's cold out there

Well, the sun finally came out yesterday as predicted. It was nice to see... and it created a beautiful sunset for us. Unfortunately, time constraints prevented me from shooting it.

Woke up, and saw the reading on the weather station at 32.7 degrees, so rather than running outside as usual in my bare feet to let the doggone dog out, I put something on my feet. Don't need any help in becoming a Dewdrop-sicle today. A hard freeze for tonight/tomorrow morning is possible, but not highly likely. They seem to be flip-flopping on that one, but for Friday night/Saturday morning, a hard freeze is definitely forecast.
FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY....WE SHOULD SEE THE COLDEST TEMPS SO FAR THIS WINTER SEASON FRIDAY NIGHT WITH LOWS IN LOWER 20S. THE RECORD LOW FOR TALLAHASSEE FOR SATURDAY THE 17TH IS 21 DEGREES SET BACK IN 1943. I am not thrilled about this prospect. We had planned a neighborhood scavenger hunt tomorrow night for the Mini-Dew's slumber party, where we expect 14 - 15 little girls to stay the night. I broke her heart when I told her that most activities would have to be indoors. Believe me, it breaks my heart, too. Perhaps, I should have paid a little bit more attention to our local rodent's forecast. It's looking like cold, cold and more cold coming up... and the BEST CHANCE OF RAIN LOOKS TO HOLD OFF UNTIL THE SOUTHWEST UPPER LOW KICKS OUT WED-THURS. We'll see.

Dear son and his girlfriend came over with their new puppy, Riley. She's a cute little dog, but during the short visit, she had an accident on my floor. And yes, the pup is wearing a pink sweatshirt (Old Navy, no less)... dear son's girlfriend is big into fashion, and feels the need to dress her dog in name brand clothing. It was funny to watch dear son roll his eyes as she talked about a $40 cardigan she wants to get for Riley. LOL... Aside from the puppy accident, it was a nice visit. Dear son brought me a beautiful red rose and some nice smelling shower gel. It was such a nice gesture that it almost made me cry. Looks to me like dear son is starting to grow up... finally.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...