The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, February 04, 2007

SNOW!!!

OK, so Kelly G. emails to ask me to confirm reports of snow flurries in the area this afternoon. Having been in Thomasville all day, I missed it, but tonight, at midnight, Mini-Dew called from a friend's house (I can't believe she was still awake) to report that there was snow falling from the sky. I went outside, and it hadn't made it to us yet... reported Mini-Dew's observation back to Kelly G. via email and went back to bed, laying there listening to hubby snore thinking... wait a minute, my first real opportunity to report weather and I am lying in bed listening to hubby snore... I don't think so. So I bolt up in bed and say, "I can be a spotter here," and in my PJ's, I decided to spot. I rushed outside and waited and waited, and then, wouldn't you know it... SNOW!!! Small flakes at first growing larger as time passed. So I did what any trained spotter would do, I called the NWS and made my first official spotter report. Kelly G. was already gone, but the new guy knows now that it's snowing in South Georgia, a very light flurry, but indeed SNOW! That's the "s" word, but in light of the fact that it was my first call to the NWS, I am thrilled. ;-)

Thanks to Kelly and Jay for sending that pdf on the EF Scale since the link wouldn't open on my PC. I appreciate all of your help. It was great, and I was able to complete my training and score 100% on all my quizzes. Now, I'm going to check the snow again and hit the bed. I have been up since 0448 this morning, and I am tired.

Good night! It's been a great night for me!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...