The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Beautiful days... but where's all that severe weather...?

Another beautiful sunrise this morning... once again obscured for me by a bug splattered windshield (I really need to clean that...) The sun was a big ball of fire buried in a field of cirrus, streaming hues of purple, orange and red through the sky. Truly magnificent stuff... I can tell that I am not a morning person, almost all of my stock photos are of sunsets... I have a very small collection of sunrise pics. I have decided, though, that I will be heading out to an area lake to take some pics one morning because I have heard that it's incredible at sunrise... Now, I just need to be motivated enough to do it...

Weather today should carry with it more clouds than yesterday, but temps are still expected to reach and exceed 80 degrees... beautiful outdoor weather days... too bad I am stuck behind a desk. I could be out chasing dirt or something... ;-) (Sorry, Jeff, had to throw that in there...lol) Looks like the cap
(SUBSIDENCE INVERSION - I know this because of my quick lesson in thermodynamics on Saturday...) is sitting at just above 750MB, much like on Saturday, but alas, this time, nothing is coming which would/could break the cap, so it's just there... however, I am getting ready for some much needed rain this week, SHOULD BE ENOUGH MOISTURE AND LIFT ACROSS THE AREA THURSDAY FOR SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. ATTM...DYNAMICS APPEAR TO BE RATHER LIMITED SO SEVERE THREAT APPEARS LIMITED. Nothing to write home about, but we can definitely use the rain in these parts... things are getting awfully dry around here.

That's all I have... looking forward to the good stuff... we've got the daylight... warming... just add some severe weather, and we've got ourselves a happy chaser...

Spotter class should be on the schedule soon for the 31st.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. You know something dew... i have not one picture of a sun rise,lol i am defently not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best excuse though... if I lived on the west coast of FL, I wouldn't have any sunrise shots at all, either, I'm sure... but I'd be overflowing with sunsets... Thanks for the visit, Jess.

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...