The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, April 16, 2007

The Money Storm

Well, the good news is that I finally pulled ahead of the house... sadly only by $5.05 all together... but the best news is that it was was won on a game called "Money Storm". I had to take a picture. Two tornadoes, CG, flying cows, grandma in bunny slippers in her rocker flying around like debris, even a chicken (or perhaps it was one of Steve's turkeys).The game was calling my name... I could hear it, "Dew, this is your chance to storm chase in Vegas..." Well, I listened and I turned my $5 on that machine into $21.85!!! Go Dew! I tell you, that was a storm chaser's dream... It's like they knew I was coming... strange, they didn't greet me with a sign holder at the airport... lol... so I cashed in my ticket, got an order of tiramisu and sat here enjoying that while I blog and look out my window at the really awesome scenery. Sorry, it's a little hazy out there. I'm just relaxing and wasting time before my next session. Have a full night ahead of me...

I want to share some of my other pics from the trip so far though before I get back- logged... that happens quickly with me... can't imagine... I have several that I am quite fond of and more to come. The first is the top of the Bellagio. Beautiful hotel, all glitz ands glamour. We saw a purse inside for $17,000... who spends that kind of money on purses??? Whoever they are, I wonder if they'd throw some money my way... perhaps sponsor me in my storm chasing endeavors... (what? It could happen.) Then, of course, there is this beautiful iris that I saw at Caesar's Palace, which was a pretty amazing place, as well. The ornate charm of Roman times is overdone but consistent, and from the outside, it's spectacular! Inside, the ceilings are painted in a crisp blue with puffs of CU flying by. Large statues adourned the entryway, an ornate Budha in the garden. It was an interesting experience. Another one that I only saw but didn't experience was Paris. The eifel tower is what interested me. I have never been to France, but I would love to one day. I have a feeling that this will have to do until I can finally make it over there. I took pictures of the day and night, so you can get the full effect.










Well, anyway folks... that's a quick compilation of my trip so far. I am exhausted, but I am having a truly fantastic time and there's more where that came from, so stay tuned. Oh, speaking of that, Vegas got 3/10 of an inch of rain yesterday. I hear that's one of the telling signs of the end, waiting on the locusts to arrive... lol. All my co-worker friend keeps telling me is that it doesn't rain in Vegas. I told her it was going to rain!

I'll update when I can... toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time, Dew. That is so funny that you found the Money Storm game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was destiny, and yes, I am having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...