The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Could the curse be broken??? DOUBT IT!!!

Granted... for a slight risk for severe, we have yet to see anything to suggest that here, but we have RAIN! I'll take it! We were early this morning placed under a Severe Thunderstorm warning for a hefty storm cell that tracked our way out of our Northwest. I listened as the Weather Radio warned counties to our northwest ahead of the system. It was an intense (strong, wouldn't say severe) storm coming through. Frequent lightning. Heavy downpours. Some localized minor street flooding. Slight wind... no hail here, but I heard about hail in Terrell County the size of baseballs, of course not here. I read a wind report at Moody with 50kt winds, but I was easily able to carry an umbrella without any problems. Goes along with my new given name, "Tear-Drop"... thanks, Tim (have a safe Mission trip, btw). Tear-drop is a terribly suitable name... loosely translated, it means "ain't nothing gonna happen when Dewdrop is around!" (Yes, I know that I have presented that as a double negative, it's a Southern thing, and besides... I'm hoping to confuse Ma Nature... shhhh, don't tell her.) With an all-encompassing name like that, how could I help but embrace it... sniffle. There is still hope though, check out the tornadic outlook for this area... 5%, decent shot... We are still looking at a decent shot at weather for the remainder of the day, too. Just decent... What? It could happen! The MCS heading through South Georgia this AM was a hailer for starts but turned into a predominantly straight line wind event with a hand full of wind reports out there. To our southeast, it has converged with some convection off the the coast to try to form a sqall line driving its way down the peninsula... Jeff should soon be having some fun with this fast mover... lol... like clockwork, as I typed that, his severe thunderstorm watch was issued... am I good or what? lol and modest, to boot. ;-)

As for the rest of the day, looks like the main event will occur to our west, as the outflow boundary interacts with the sea breeze over southeast Alabama... we have a lesser shot, especially with our convection this morning, which prevents any good shot at heating... still in the slight risk area... I'll keep a watchful eye on it.

Toodles,
~Teardrop

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all definitely got the weather today. I hear your governor declared it a day of prayer for rain. I guess those prayers were answered in the affirmative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big affirmative. an't wait to check my gauge when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there might have been hail in Terrell County but I slept through the whole thing. A power outage knocked out my alarm clock so I missed it! Guess I'm not cut out for the whole storm chasing thing. Heehee Thank God for the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know how much the eastern part of my county got. They bore the brunt of almost all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I think step 1 would be getting you a weather radio... you wouldn't have slept through the alarm going off... Definitely needed the rain.

    Rick, We got buckets of rain. Not as much as with Barry, but we got a good bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem, I had hail today. Snicker snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, Bert, not you too! Give a Dewvoid a break!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...