The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dean about to make his second appearance...


...DEAN BEGINNING TO STRENGTHEN OVER THE BAY OF CAMPECHE... EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL LATER TODAY...REPORTS FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE THAT THE CENTRAL CORE OF DEAN COLLAPSED DURING PASSAGE ACROSS THE YUCATAN PENINSULA. UPPER-LEVEL WINDS HAVE BECOME SOMEWHAT LESS FAVORABLE FOR INTENSIFICATION... RE-INTENSIFICATION MAY BE SLOWER THAN PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT. THE INTENSITY FORECAST NOW CALLS FOR WINDS TO INCREASE TO 80 KT BEFORE LANDFALL.
Aside from that, the area east of the Bahamas does not look like it's going to be doing anything. Significant development is not expected.

Locally, hot weather is the forecast for today, and that's just about the whole forecast... had a rough morning, it was nice to read Kelly's "HAVE A GREAT DAY!" at the end of the AFD. It actually cheered me up despite the fact that I will have to finish my yard work in that heat... had some mechanical problems yesterday (no, I didn't run over any swings...), but I should be able to complete that project today... just in time to start back up again this weekend... I'll get better at it.

Oh, btw, I generated this first thing this morning, and Blogger had some trouble, so here I am now, after an update... Dean is now a Category 2 hurricane approaching the eastern coast of Mexico. His second landfall of the week, busy guy...

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. As the police pulled up at the residence a crowd had already gathered around the tragic scene. A lawn mower with pieces of a plastic pink flamigo laying stwen across the yard...The officer looked at his partner and said " Vinnie, I've seen this before...It ain't gonne be pretty, call for back up"...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I didn't see them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...