The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, August 26, 2007

Well... it's not my best, but I caught it and some flies...

Well, there you have it... It started with me getting extremely frustrated. I sat watching the radar for the afternoon, hoping something would develop. I watched as some great convection rolled by to my far (very far) south. I was disappointed... as you can imagine. Finally, a cell looked like it wanted to fire in a nearby area, where I knew that I had a shot at finding something, so I decided I would try... wasn't impressive, but it was near enough to go after without worrying about using up too much gas for nothing, which... surprise, surspise, it ended up being nothing. I shot a few towers because they were cool, but I got nothing, except wet... the doggone storm rained on me... and neglected to produce any lightning. So now, my van interior stinks... and since the field I was at was full of flies, a few strays made their way into my van... When I saw that NOTHING was happening, I decided to carry on with my quest for groceries. I took care of that, and I caught this beautiful shot of the sun approaching the horizon, thinking that would be a night, still planning to keep an eye on radar, even though it would end up a backyard chase at that point.

I get all that taken care of and head home to see that radar is showing a nice cluster of storms heading my way. This GR image shows it when it was on top of me. I was shooting the whole time trying to get something, but most of it was firing beneath my tree-line. I was getting so frustrated. I could hear it, and I could see it firing to my east, but I couldn't do a thing about the house in my way... who put that doggone house there? So, I was constantly checking radar, and watching my aggravating little cell... when it happened. The cell had moved to my North and started really firing off some CG. It wasn't nearly as frequent as the other night, but it was happening a lot. Of course, I, once again, missed all the good ones, but I did get a little something... not as impressive as the other, but it'll do in a pinch. Bloggerific. Good night.
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

Dew comment, please...