The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, September 30, 2007

Like a Hurricane... I get so blown away...

As it turns out, I got distracted yesterday from my yard work mission. Mini-Dew ended up wanting to visit with a friend of hers after her hair appt. We never did make it to the bowling alley, and her friend ended up staying the night. (I'll need to get them up shortly.) Anyhow, I ended up chasing an evasive butterfly, who would not stay still, so I have nothing to show for that except for a bunch of blur. I did find some beautiful wild flowers that could just as easily be weeds, but they were pretty, so who cares? I will edge today before my friend arrives with her family. I did get some good house cleaning in, would like to have completed more, but you know how that goes.

I did have the opportunity to hear another weather related song while I was getting some yummy chai tea latte (I have people offering me weather related songs on MySpace which I have been loading -- the ones I am able to find -- on my mp3 player on the blog.) Unfortunately, I couldn't locate it on the mp3 player, so I will just share a piece of the lyrics. You will have to look up the rest...

"You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm getting blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I get so blown away."
~Neil Young "Like a Hurricane"
Great lead in for the tropical weather discussion. Karen has officially been called a remnant low, receiving her last advisory yesterday evening, and those remnants aren't expected to survive. Tropical Storm Melissa has rough times ahead as she leaves a moderately sheared environment for some high shear. That should pretty much do her in... I guess that's the way it goes. There are a few random waves out there, but I am not sure that anything will come of them. They don't look all that promising.

Locally, beautiful outdoor weather persists. Feeling the wind pressing against my face was wonderful yesterday. It was a fresh feeling. It helped me feel alive. The skies were hazier than I like, but it was perfect outside weather. We have a nicely (cough cough) capped high planted right on top of us, which should allow these conditions to prevail for a little while, which is OK for now, but with our chaser convergence fast approaching, it's a little frustrating to think we'll be sitting on dry conditions... let's have a little CG to get this party going... Actually, by the time Carolina Mike arrives on the scene, chance storms have entered the forecast... I'm thinking some good chasing is just what the doctor ordered... that and a few mudslides... lol (was it 4, Steve?)

Time to wake the girls.

Have a blessed Sunday,
~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. To have some instability during my visit would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is coming to visit? Wish it were me... It was 86 here today with lots of wind! Closest to a cool temperature I have felt here so far. My mom is planning a hay ride and stuff some weekend in October, you'll have to come and bring Mini-Dew. I'll give you details when I get them. Scott is trying to talk me into Hallo-Scream at Universal or Busch Gardens. I THINK NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, A little instability to get the party started. Wouldn't that be AWESOME! Go searching for some good chase locales a little early?! Awesomeness!

    Annie, I had to edit your comment for content... we don't mention the Mini-Dew by name here. Anyway, I wish you would come. I miss you. October may be doable. Have to get with Mr. X on that. Sounds fun. Hallo-Scream would be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...