The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, December 17, 2007

December 15th, squall event, tornadoes in Georgia

Happy Monday! I received this pic from my dear Winder friend. She took the pic while she was up in North Georgia, near Helen. It's an amazing depiction of how severe the drought is up there. Sadly, they didn't even have significant rain out of the system that rolled through... hardly made a dent in the drought crisis up there. I thought I'd share.

I want to share this update regarding the storm on Saturday... Hmmm... ya think we were in the wrong place? Sigh... You can see where the line really fired, and since we were well south of all that in the Northern part of Florida, we missed out... big time, but again, rotation with tornadoes dropping from pulse storms at night... I am thinking blessing in disguise. Since I am not in the TIV, I don't really relish the thought of having one drop on me, not that I am in line for riding in the TIV... cause I certainly am not. It was certainly an active night though, sadly, with one reported fatality. Feel free to click on the graphic above for a summary of the reports, 12 Tornado reports in all. Kelly posted a report regarding the tornadoes in our CWA (Turner and Worth Counties), which included the one fatality... I repeat, I HATE night time squall events... so many lives have been turned upside down now... and right now, just before Christmas. How awful! My thoughts and prayers are with all those impacted by the storms of Saturday night.

Currently, they are forecasting weather here for Saturday... guess what, folks, it should happen... I will be gone. So take cover... That's pretty far out, but them mentioning it, makes it a definite point of concern. Sort of reminiscent of the Christmas tornado that hit Lake City, FL last year. Interesting wording from the SPC. They are looking at this one with great interest.

Woke up to freezing temps at 29 this morning with an even lower windchill. Brr. I was prepared though, so I was dressed and my hair was dry, while I was waiting on the bus that Mini-Dew almost missed since I was blow drying my hair... Oops. Worth the sacrifice, though. LOL! Temps should climb over the course of the week until chance thunderstorms arrive Thursday and the big dog possible on Saturday... while I am out of town.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. I remember at one point there were three rotaing storms going at one time. I'm not sure that you could have gotten into position in time anyway, and even if you did, it might have been next to impossible to see anything due to the rain and darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new profile shot, Mike. Apparently there was lots of rotation with 10 tornado reports in Georgia... crazy. I hate night events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dew... At least it was enough to tide us all over and hold off SDS a little bit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe for a little while at least... ;O)

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...