The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, October 27, 2008

A golden weekend!

What a wonderful weekend we had celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary of gtb's parents! Truly golden!!! They were surprised Friday when their daughters and grandchildren arrived from out of town, and then, on Saturday, we spent a beautiful day at Reed Bingham State Park in Cook County. When gtb's mom found out the plans, she asked me if I would take pictures to capture the day... I don't know what made her think of me... lol. I took 491 pics! Going through those was a chore, but I got them narrowed down to 289 keepers, which she can view in a slideshow. We had a truly terrific time. One of his nieces was sick, which was sad, but she was a trooper. We cooked out, ate, played... such a great time. The skies were amazing. I'll share a few pics here... not too many though, because I will be leaving shortly to get my second epidural injection in the three series. SUN DOG!!! :O)Mini-Dew thought that looked like a tornado... lol.Awesome cirrus clouds painting the brilliant blue sky!Beautiful setting... cirrocumulus! Interesting... looks like an oil leak in the sky... no, just lens flairs!Amazing conclusion to the magnificent day! Meso Mike actually texted me to ask me to take a pic of the amazing sky for him. I already had him covered!How cute are they?!It was the perfect way to celebrate!

Have a lovely day!
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Indeed, that last photo of the sunset sky is awesome! We currently have some lake-effect clouds moving into the area on brisk northwest winds. Hoping to see the first flakes of the season today.

    Good luck with epidural...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous way to spend the weekend. Beautiful skies & congrats on 50 years to gtb's parents that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing photos - the clouds are incredible, all of them. But that first photo you took of the two is simply priceless. What a keeper! 50 years...how wonderful!

    Hope the epidural went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh Jenn... that oil leak sky picture is just breathtaking! LOVE IT! And yes... gtb's parents are too cute! Happy 50th to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OSNW3, Yes, my winter forecast for your area has been updated... lol. Eeek, wouldn't want to live there! I'd be a perpetual dewdropcicle.

    Nicole, Isn't it awesome! It was the perfect celebration for a wonderfully inspirational couple.

    tsannie, aren't they wonderful?! Such a beautiful family I am being welcomed into. I am truly blessed!

    The procedure went well. Thanks!

    Courtney, that one was just too cool. It's all flair mess, but it seemed artistic! I will let them know.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...