The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Strange weather they're having...

Well, the only "tropical", actually non-tropical mess is up near the Azores. it's got a nice spin to it, but it lacks moisture. It's not too common for us to have lots of tropical action in June, so I'm not really banking on anything... I just check it out sporadically.

The Storm Prediction Center has drawn an interesting area of slight risk for severe weather across the country spanning from Texas to Maryland... seriously.It's actually a very strangely drawn area of risk, and the tornado risk though minimal, as the greatest threat appears to be large hail and wind...I betcha Vortex2 doesn't chase way up there, but they are probably hitting the panhandle pretty hard. I bet Steve has got his forbidden dance going. The crazy jet stream has been playing strange games with the weather this spring, and we see it now dipping in slowly, which is the reason for this crazy forecast. With all that happening no where near me... sigh... I have decided to share a couple of pics taken by my friend Katie Crumbley and her friend Konnie Dekle during a thunderstorm on May 26 In Macon, Georgia(incidentally, we had some wild weather the same afternoon.) I asked Katie if the cloud bases above the scud were rotating... after breaking it down into non-weather geek terms... It went something like... "So... the clouds above (cumulonimbus cloud base) those pointy dangly clouds (scud)... were they spinning around (rotation) at all? Perhaps making large circulation motion...? She doesn't think so. (Author's note: Katie is smart, just not weatherwise.) She was intimated by the sky. Looks pretty spectacular! Thanks for sharing, Katie.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. There's a new TV series that started last night about severe weather. I was thinking of you as I watched it... hope you are both fine.

    My blogs: Wiggers World and Pictures & Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dramatic post! Fascinating! And I must admit that your favourite cloud formation is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...