The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Updated Halloween forecast

With the snowstorm in the midwest and the battle between summer and winter ensuing, we are expecting some severe weather in the plains. Of course, as it makes its way toward the Dewvoid (see post below), it should diminish. What does that mean for Halloween??? Well, this is the precipitation forecast for Halloween, as it stands...So, the northeast... the Rockies... and Dewville. Of course, rain on Halloween night, while we have all those kids over, trapped inside my house, or riding on wet hay... figures. Some are surprised to learn that I am not a big fan of rain. Rain is good in moderation, occasionally falling to ward off drought, but as a general rule, rain inhibits instability which is necessary for thunderstorms and severe weather, which is really what interests me. It's no fun chasing rain. 1. You get wet. 2. Your gear gets wet. 3. The pictures aren't good at all. So, you see, though I am a storm chaser, and I am extremely passionate about weather, I am not a big fan of the wet stuff, and before you ask, I don't even generally spell the word s#@w. I only used it as a part of a better compound word.

So, you see the green... where it is green on the map, the current expectation is that trick or treating could be washed up.

Have a blessed day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...