The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh the weather outside...

Ask yourself, “Am I a calming breeze, or a storm waiting to happen?”
My first thoughts... I sure hope I'm a storm waiting to happen, it might be the only storm action I get. Probably not the right answer...

With the persistently freezing temps (and incidentally snow flurries in the wee hours Saturday morning (according to my friend) and supported by radar), we decided to be one of "those people" who set up the hose in the yard and spray the tree. It was a great experiment, which unfortunately demonstrated that we needed a harder stream for the full effect. We did get something out of it though, and the kids had a great time licking their icicles. I am just biding time until this way too cold spell passes us by. This week, we should resume our regularly scheduled weather! Record lows were set this weekend and this morning in the Miami and the Keys area. They are having to deal with all this ridiculousness and, in most cases, don't even have heaters. They typically don't need them. Good thing for all that global warming... can't imagine how bad things would be if not for that! cough cough. (Just for the record, I do not believe in Global Warming.)

We have family and friends over on Saturday night for a fun and rowdy game night, complete with an exciting couple of rounds of Guesstures, pizza, wings, brownie sundaes and 7 kid pile-ups. It was SO MUCH FUN!

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. WOW! We are warmer than you are--our weather is in the 50's and raining again. Sogging along here--I'm envious of your lovely icecycles!

    Global warming, my FOOT! (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *pulls off my leather gloves, then pulls off my knitted gloves*

    There, now I can type! Pretty bad when you have to wear gloves - in- the house. Power keeps going on-off-on-off.... over and over. Hopefully, now that it is 9:00, things will settle down and I might be able to turn the heater (a/c with heat sync) back on.

    Your icicles are very cool, had I thought about it, I might have been one of 'those' people too.

    Stay warm chica!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...