The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gal pals

What an incredible weekend I had with a couple of my bestest gal pals! The only downside was my horrible cold, which I am surviving, though it is requiring frequent doses of Nyquil (which is wonderful!!) I slept for 21 or the past 36 hours, so I am feeling much better after the much needed rest. Before I get into that, I want to share the wonderful sky I experienced on Thursday night. It was sensational, with the brilliant orange color filling the eastern sky, which was full of exciting clouds. The western sky contained a full arched rainbow, which seemed close enough to reach out and touch. I didn't capture any fantastic shots of the rainbow, but here is a sample shot of the sunset.Imagine coming home to that...

So, Friday, after work and a slight delay, I was on the road to my dear friend's house, way up on the north side of the perimeter. I arrived late, but in time for some great sleepy conversation with my dear friends. We have known each other since Middle School!! I won't say how many, but that's a lot of years. We took my friend's children, hubby and dog with us to the neighborhood park, which created a great backdrop for a photo shoot. I felt like the paparazzi. :D You know me.My infamous hold up camera shotClassic friend shot, in B&WI'm such a ham!I found you!!!Shy? I think not.Then, there was this other shot, which I title, "Temptation". I couldn't resist shooting this one. It begged me to grab my suit, but I tend to be a bit rebellious.Temptation
Aside from that wonderful part of the weekend, and apparently, while I was leaving the area, storms ravaged the area north of where I was, including many in North Carolina. I saw a report of one tornado struck area, where a mobile home was lifted and thrown 100 feet into a nearby pond. Fortunately, the 4 people, inside the trailer at the time, swam to safety.You can click on the graphic for more details about the tornado reports (15 in all) from Sunday. It's time for me to start watching the models to see if a storm chase prospect exists for next week. An anniversary chasetunity would be nice...

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful portrait of a beautiful couple with a sun shining bright at the horizon on a very beautiful day :-) Happy Anniversary!

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...