The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, August 23, 2010

Another day, another adventure

Tropical Storm DanielleWell, like I said, it’s not over till it’s over, and here we are with the soon-to-be Hurricane Danielle, breathing down our necks, taunting us with wonderment at where she might set her sights. She has rapidly intensified, and is expected to be upgraded to a hurricane during the next 24 hours. The current trajectory sets her on course for Bermuda, but there is so much distance and time between now and then, that it’s safe to say that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! Tropical Storm Danielle is not too far off the coast of Africa, and as we’ve seen with storms of the past, she can go anywhere. I’ll keep an eye on her and keep you updated.

Friday, while I was coming home from work for some yummy fried green tomatoes that my wonderful groom had cooked up after stopping at the farmer’s market a couple of towns over, I had to stop to admire some swelling cumulus and some great cloud iridescence. Cloud iridescence is one of my favorite cloud phenomena with the clouds taking on an appearance of a puddle of oil, with the swirly rainbow-like appearance. It was very cool, so I decided to try and bottle both up… LOL.
Over the weekend, we decided to take the kids on a great adventure. We drove to a relatively nearby adventure park complete with go-carts and laser tag. You could even feed alligators, if you’re into that kind of thing. Along the way, my wonderful groom was sweet in stopping at some beautiful views. I was ready, camera in hand. We had a great time with the laser tag, which was my absolute favorite. We had a truly wonderful time! Here are some pics from that trip.An awesome house that my wonderful groom and I LOVE!!Interesting cemeteryMini-Dew took this shot.  She was so impressed with her photography skills.baby gatorThey had the coolest games!Amazing sunset!
Have a beautiful day!
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Danielle is a Fish! I'm heading to the Outer Banks Sunday. I hope she sends a good swell my way for surfing :)

    SCM

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...