The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, May 16, 2011

A dream come true!!!

I know... you're like... Whoa! Dew's posting something in her blog! I know, I know. It's been a while. I know... there are no excuses. Well, I Have some exciting news! I fulfilled a 25 year old dream today!!! How many people can see that?! How many people have 25 year old dreams? Well, mine is actually 25 years, 3 months and 18 days old. You see, when I was a little girl, I sat with my class and watched in awe and devastation as the Space Shuttle Challenger launched into the sky, only to meet a tragic end with so many people watching in utter horror. That day, strange as it probably sounds, a seed was planted deep within me... a seed which branched out taking many forms... first, I wanted to become an astronaut, went so far as applying and being accepted at Georgia Tech into the Aerospace Engineering Program. Well, that didn't quite end up happening. I am just an accountant. The other dream, a more obtainable, yet till just today (25 years, 3 months and 18 days later) that dream reached a point of fruition, after countless scrubs, after sweeping Kennedy Space Center, after listening to my wonderful groom watch, after missing chances because the timing was all wrong, I finally witnessed (at a relatively close distance) the Space Shuttle Endeavor launch triumphantly blast into space, well... into a bed of frustratingly thick altocumulus clouds, but I saw it happen!!! I heard the rumble. I felt the shake. I am awed beyond words.Have a bright day!!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...