The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, August 02, 2011

One of the Biggest Thrills of my Life!!!

I am just now getting around to posting about my wonderful adventure in whitewater rafting. It was my first experience, and I will tell you right now... if I could have, I would have had them drop me off at the top of the river and do it right after I finished. It was AMAZING! It was SUCH A RUSH! It was EXHILARATING! It was AWESOME! If you haven't ever done it before, you should. What are you waiting for? Stop reading and go hit the rapids. My next time will be with my wonderful groom. :) No, this time it wasn't. We had a Women's Weekend with my church group, and it was quite an adventure. One of the buses had no A/C... then, it got a flat tire... seriously... then, when we arrived one of our big vans lost its transmission. Kudos to our leader who handled it all like a champ, handling high stress with her classy touch of grace. Back to rafting though! We loaded the big yellow boat and got our instructions. Listen to your guide. Your guide is good. Guide is wise (sorry, a little Twister throw back). Anyways, we had the most awesome guide ever... Lucas with White Water Express (ask for him and tell him you want to ride bull "hero style". He'll hook you up!) So, we set off on the Ocoee River somewhere in TN (or were we back in GA?)at the midway point, right there before Grumpy. It was such an adventure. We rode it all the way down, and I had a silly grin on my face the whole time! See????I'm the one in the bright pink shirt, which makes me easier to find in the subsequent shots. So, we're riding along, and as I mentioned, Lucas gave us the option of hero style or chicken style on an upcoming rapids. Well, hello, this is me he's talking to... HERO!!! The raft was split. Three wanted to go hero style and three wanted to play the part of the chicken, so our trusted guide, Lucas decided to try a little something new. He situated us in the raft accordingly for the evil scheme and well, I'll let the pics do the talking at this point.
Coming into the rapids, heros up front, chickens in the rear.Here we go, losing our seats... I'm in pink.You see that person upside down with the pink shoes in the air... one of my proudest moments...Whose foot is that?Is that a head I see?Yep! There I am. He was saying 'you're ok!' Oh honey, I was way better than ok!!Incidentally, only the wanna-be heroes took the plunge, so in that last shot, Lucas is celebrating his success. I'm the one in pink with pink shoes... As one of the ladies in our group pointed out, she didn't even know it was on her bucket list till she did it. Now, it's back on there to go again and for her to ride bull this time. After taking the plunge, I was completely fearless, so I hopped on the front of that raft and "rode bull" staying on through the grand finale rapids. Again, again!!!

Have a great day!!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. The Ocoee is actually right down the road from here!

    I've always wanted to do it, but I have never done it.. :D

    Looks like you guys had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we have our group for next time. Bill would love it, and his son wants to go. Add you and Stacey and Wa-la! :D

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...