The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, August 31, 2014

A little night magic...

It's been a while since I have stood outside in a thunderstorm (I don't recommend you doing this!!! When thunder roars, go indoors!) to shoot lightning, but hubby suggested it tonight when it seemed like it was popping every second. Of course, when I got out there, Dewvoid kicked in and things started to pulse down... typical. I was, however, able to nab a couple of decent shots before it completely fizzled out.

You see, back on the 4th of July, I was inspired to start playing with the settings on my camera, and there we were with 10 boxes of sparklers and my camera and well... we got creative. I figured out how to get my shutter to work to my advantage. It was such a fun time, and I felt so completely inspired.  It was so much fun!

I really haven't been all that inspired to shoot weather since I haven't been on this blog. On my paying gig, I had access to all sorts of stock photos so I got a bit lazy... I forgot what I loved about shooting weather.  These pics aren't great. There is definite room for improvement, but I am interested in doing it again, so that's a big bonus. I had forgotten the tingle in my stomach while reviewing shots and seeing that I GOT ONE!!!
I have missed that feeling.  I actually bounced into the house with a childish grin on my face.  I will continue to work with settings and technique, but I think I am on to something.

Until next time,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...