The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, August 05, 2006

When it Rains, it Pours!

Great googaly moogaly!!! What an incredible storm we had yesterday evening. As LL pointed out to me, it's a good thing it happened well after 5:00; otherwise, it would have been while everyone was getting off of work, and it was a bad one. As I mentioned, we had outdoor plans, which we were able to carry out without a hitch, except for dear daughter thinking she could sulk about us wanting to ride the water slide...Annoying child.

Anyway, as we were finishing our afternoon outing, I heard the first rumbles of thunder. As we were leaving, lightning started flashing to the west. I know I said I wouldn't have my camera, but, uh, rule #1, a storm chaser always has her camera!! I tried to convince hubby to stay put in the parking lot, so I could once again seek out the no-longer elusive lightning shot (remember, I have two in my arsenal at this point). Hubby is thoroughly uncooperative, moving around, shaking the van, being completely impossible. HE WILL NOT BE INVITED TO JOIN MY CHASE TEAM!!! He is so impatient. He takes off, and lightning is striking every other second behind us... Some nerve. I didn't get any shots there. We were off to drop our daughter off with some friends, when the storm moved up our way, wind picked up, thunder booming, constant lightning and torrential downpour. We stayed near there for a little while(only after I batted my eyes and begged). Still uncooperative hubby moves around in his seat shaking the van, grunts when I miss the split second flash of lightning, (God forbid I should miss while he's being impatient and unreasonable). I ended up getting one decent shot, which is mostly obstructed by trees, and I got one really blurry one, but if I turn the screeen at a precise angle, it's fascinating. Hubby grew bored and hungry and drove away. He rolled at every stop light, so I couldn't get any clear shots and rambled on about how hungry he was. I ranted that he was stealing me away from what I really wanted to do, after I gave up the last storm for pirates (of all the crazy things to miss a storm for). I guess my complaining got to him, because when we got to the Chinese food place, he offered to park there, so I could try to get something. Woohoo!!! I got one there. The wind was pushing hard, and he actually moved the van to keep my camera protected. Lightning was flashing every second! It was amazing. He went in and picked up our order (A storm and Chinese food. What more could a girl want?? I was in heaven.) We continued on our journey home to watch a movie on demand and eat Chinese, but we still had this amazing storm all around us... LL called to see if I knew anything and to tell me that a trained spotter in Berlin reported trees down. We wondered aloud who that might have been... Berrien and Lanier had severe weather statements. Our weather was pretty intense though. The lightning was amazing. I got two more shots from my house. One is amazing!!! I'd post the pic here, but my computer is not cooperating... Anyway, to make a short story long, I got 5 lightning shots yesterday. Who's the Queen???!!!

We might have some action today, but nothing like yesterday. I'm glad I got to experience that. What a thrill!!

Still studying hard to be a HAM...

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...