The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, September 24, 2006

Helene to impact Azores...

Poor Azorians... they are having quite a season. It looks like Hurricane Helene will impact them. It won't be a direct hit with a hurricane like Gordon, but they should get Gale force winds... amazing. The wave out in the central Atlantic looks close to being labeled a tropical something. It is impressive on satellite, very large.

I worked in my garden all day yesterday. I need to get some more of that fake mulch. I really hope it works. We have $170 in the mulch already, and we need at least $70 more... It looks great though, and it's supposed to last for years without remulching. That's my kind of product... low maintenance. I'll post pictures once it's finished. I have a before pic as a basis for comparison, back when it was my weed garden...

Locally, now remember it's picnic day. There is a cold front approaching that should bring with it some rain. The severe threat is to our north, so we should have only patches of rain, but here is the spotter statement:

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED AT THIS TIME...BUT SPOTTERS ARE URGED TO KEEP ABREAST OF THE SITUATION SHOULD CONDITIONS CHANGE TODAY.
I guess I'll keep abreast then. I'll be out in it. Is that abreast enough?

I earned my technician license for amateur radio.

73,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...