The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hurricane Gordon and the Unorganized TD

This picture was taken while driving up to Clarkesville. I shot it across hubby's lap through a window driving pretty fast up the interstate (of course within parameters of the posted speed limits- ahem).

There are lots of fish in the sea. Gordon, now Hurricane Gordon is just barely a hurricane, but he's holding his own except for the spin off of extratropical Florence remnants. Behind him, not too far off the coast of Africa, is a the very disorganized Tropical Depression #8. The convection is heavy on the west of the circulation, so she's not growing much. It's looking pretty sad/pathetic in the tropics.

Locally, South Georgia has an 80% POPS. I think it's going to rain. Heavy convection coming in off the gulf should make for some scattered thunderstorms, but a definite rain event. I am not expecting much by way of cool lightning, and I haven't seen the sun at all, so no rainbows. Blah. This weather is depressing. If it's not going to storm, why can't it just be sunny?

I talked with hubby a bit about pursuing the General Class licenses. They have a class starting in October, but it's a 6 week course, and sport season is about to start for us. We're going to be too busy on Saturdays for radio classes, as if childcare hasn't already been an issue. I might just study on my own and sit in for the test. I am a little worried about learning CW. I am so tone deaf...

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...