The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Waiting to exhale...

Finally, I got the trampoline pic I was after... This is darling daughter having a blast on the trampoline yesterday.

Ahh, yesterday. Halloween... School was out. Stress test, up at the butt crack of dawn, and wouldn't you know it? Our help was needed... Darling daughter's friend's parents had no other arrangements for their younguns besides us, so after the stress test, we picked up dd's friend and her brother (who dd apparently has a crush on)... That was fine for the most part. You know how sibling rivalry can be, though. The fun part started when their friends came over. I had 5 kids at my house. FIVE! That's when the drama started. I got a message from a friend at that point to inhale deeply... couldn't have been timed better. One of the kids had just called their mother (rather than coming to get me) because she was trying to hit so and so who thought she was trying to hurt his sister, so he pushed her and she came back to slap him, but he moved and she ended up hitting the sister, so she was mad, and the one girl who did the slapping was calling her mom to talk to the boys who had caused all the problems, so the mom wanted to talk to me to get the scoop and try to deal with it over the phone as if I couldn't... Yes, I deeply inhaled... still waiting to exhale actually. I doubt my friend really had a clue how much I needed that... What a day!

Well, then, came the time to prepare for Halloween, phone calls... costumes... glow sticks... fighting siblings... hair and makeup... glitter in eyes... decorating for the haunted hay ride (which btw left a trail of hay around the neighborhood... hope there's no ordinance against leaving hay in the road... don't need another fine from the local gov't). Ah yes, the hay ride... kids from all over the neighborhood came for a ride, even some from outside the neighborhood we later learned. It was something. I rode in the truck, since my hay allergy is out of this world... still my eyes are struggling slightly this morning(but that could be because when I picked up yet another trial set of contacts, the technician accidentally gave me two left eyes... that won't work, but I sure tried last night--before I realized it was two of the same RX). Can't get the hay ride pic to load, so I'll post that one seperately... Doggone blogger... Bed time didn't come quickly enough last night...

As for the wx, yesterday was the perfect trick-or-treating weather. Cool, but not cold. Dry, but not overly dry. There was even a moonbow... Very cool. They are suggesting a slight chance of showers on next Tuesday... Next Tuesday?! Good grief... that forecast means nothing.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm still here... waiting to exhale...

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...