The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, December 08, 2006

I don't want to be a Dewdrop-sicle!

A VERY COLD AND DRY AIRMASS WILL CONTINUE TO POUR INTO THE REGION. BREEZY WINDS EARLY THIS MORNING WILL CREATE VERY COLD CONDITIONS WITH WIND CHILL READINGS BETWEEN 10 AND 20 DEGREES BEFORE TEMPERATURES BEGIN TO WARM AFTER SUNRISE. WARM CLOTHING ALONG WITH GLOVES SHOULD BE WORN TO MINIMIZE EXPOSURE TO THE COLD. And of course, at the office, the heat was off. My fingers are icicles... I truly am a dewdrop-sicle. Good news is that it is a fast moving airmass, and it should move right along. Temperatures are expected to return closer to normal by Sunday, and Tuesday there is a slight chance of showers... doesn't exactly sound like moderate risk material, but you know... one can hope, huh? Too early to speculate really... Wednesday is looking like the day for any potential stuff... ;-)

I was reading the local discussion on Tallahassee's NWS page... the forecaster wrote,
"GIVEN THIS CLIMATOLOGY...I`M NOT ONE TO FORECAST A RARE EVENT UNLESS EVERYTHING LOOKS JUST RIGHT. IN THIS CASE...EVERYTHING DOESN`T LOOK JUST RIGHT." In this case, he's talking about the cold temps breaking records. Anyway, his write up actually made me laugh out loud. I can't believe that these discussions actually amuse me. I am a serious weather goob.

I haven't got too much going on today... private instruction for darling daughter, a meeting at the house... tomorrow a parade, a dinner meeting, and that's about it. I should be able to get in some good present wrapping time in... here's hoping. I'm sort of running out of time, and my pile is not getting any smaller...

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...