The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, December 28, 2006

Make up my mind...

I took this one on the way up North last weekend. I took it through darling daughter's dirty window... please forgive the glare off the fingerprints.

OK, folks, I am totally confused.... this weather situation is really starting to frustrate me... First, there is all this teasing me about severe weather. Big storm headed this way. Friday arrival, no Saturday, no, now, Sunday.
SUNDAY MODEL SOUNDING SHOWS PLENTY OF DEEP LAYER SHEAR...LOW LEVEL MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY TO SUPPORT THE CHANCES FOR STRONG/SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. However, when I check with the SPC, I am disappointed to notice that there is, in fact, not even a slight risk for our area. Come on people, give me something to work with. It does look like a squall line event, if anything, so as long as I find a good westward view, I might see something. Chances are that sufficient cloud cover will block my chances of seeing anything too good, but the good news is that I am learning so much about the weather here. Timing now becomes the big question. SO POSSIBLY MORE SLOWING THAN EXPECTED COULD LIKELY TAKE PLACE OVER THE WEEKEND. IF THIS IS THE CASE...POPS WILL REMAIN UP AT LEAST DURING THE EARLY PORTION OF SUNDAY NIGHT AND POSSIBLY INTO EARLY NEW YEARS DAY. Not too excited about the prospect of half the town having to be inside my house for New Year's. We have a fire pit so everyone can hang outside... So, here's hoping that line moves a little faster rather than slower. If it does rain Sunday night and everyone has to come inside... We'll just break out the karaoke machine, and I'll sing. That'll motivate people to stand out in the rain. I can clear a room quickly that way. Not to mention, if it does roll in on Sunday, I will not be able to chase at all. I have family and friends coming in that day from out of town, so I will have to be the hostess with the mostest, and, unfortunately, that doesn't include storm chasing, but a Saturday event, I am all over it, after I do all my party shopping, of course.

Exciting day today. I have to take darling daughter in her brand new Heelys (which were $15 more than the ones Santa got that were too small, purchased too early and now have to be sold on ebay, unless someone out there wants to buy size 4 Heelys...) to the dentist. Somehow she thought that by putting extra effort into brushing today that all the past slacking experiences will be resolved. Here's hoping for my wallet's sake... Tonight, I will clean house and get ready for countless guests and try to inventory supplies for Sunday night.

I'm going to skiddaddle.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...