The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry, merry, merry Christmas

Hark, the herald Angels sing, Glory to the newborn King.

Today, 100% chance of showers... uh, ya think? A DEVELOPING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL MOVE EASTWARD THROUGH THE REGION TODAY...AND IT WILL PRODUCE PLENTY OF RAIN AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AS IT MOVES THROUGH. ... and this is the part where they really get to teasing me... EVEN A RUMBLE OF THUNDER CAN NOT BE RULED OUT. NWS, just a bunch of darn teases. It looks like all up and down the state, the forecast is the same, definite rain today and tonight. Clearing tomorrow, and more rain on Sunday. Unfortunately, now they have also added POPS to the Christmas Day forecast. I wasn't dreaming of a wet Christmas... oh well. If I wanted snow, I should have moved to Colorado. Speaking of Colorado weather, how about that, huh? Incredible snowfall counts. I saw 42" in some spots... Incredible. My heart goes out to all the stranded travelers, especially at this time of year. I also feel sort of bad for all the procrastinators there who didn't get finished and now can't get out to shop... I feel more bad for their children... I think they should have summer hubs and winter hubs for these airlines... It really does not make sense to have a hub in Denver... especially in the winter.

I feel tremendous relief. I have everything finished... Now, I can just sit back and enjoy the season. One of my cookie bars collapsed while baking, but I think I was able to salvage it... It all eats the same, hopefully. I also had some egg nog last night. I'm not one who doctors it up. I like regular non-alcoholic egg nog. I only like it at Christmas time though.

Last night, after picking up darling daughter, we went to a few spots in town to see the Christmas lights. We visited a neighborhood, where everyone has yard cards... it's called Christmas Card Lane locally. They really do it up. Then we stopped by a house that had their lights flashing to the music. I took some video footage of that... it was pretty cool. It helped get me into the spirit of things.

Unfortunately, LL just backed out of my Vegas trip. It won't be the same without her. I guess I'll just have to experience it for the both of us. ;-)

Don't know how much time I'll have on blogger over the weekend, so let me just say to all, "Merry, merry, merry Christmas!!!" (or give a, give a, give a Garmin...lol)

Update 10:30: Baby squall just crossing into Georgia from Alabama. Might get some lightning out of that one. I realize I'm grasping at straws here... Hey, I'm allowed to dream, right?

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...