The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 22, 2007

An Opportunity to CHASE???!!!

I mentioned yesterday about pictures I took while headed to Macon this weekend. It was so beautiful, stopped in a little rural area headed up the interstate... which basically summarizes the entire trip up through GA... but this exit advertised particularly low gas prices, which were pretty low this weekend anyway. We stopped to take advantage of the great rates and to see if the Pilot carried my all time favorite Cinnamon Roll Coffee, which they did not (I think it's on a rotation - and it's rarely in when I want it). Anyway, prior to pulling off the interstate, I mentioned that the high patchy cirrus and the contrasting crisp blue sky would help create a phenomenal sunset, which would be obscured by the many trees lining the interstate... When we pulled off the exit to get the cheap gas, I was thrilled to see this mill, and the sunset behind it was incredible (as I had predicted). I grabbed my camera and beckoned to hubby, "I'll be across the street." Had to chase that sun. Well, as you know, the sun sets over a period of time, so after a few minutes, I went to change batteries... mine were dead, both sets I had carried with me, and I returned to another spot, just to have a greyhound bus sit in front of me. I was crouched down by a gas station drive-way taking pictures of the sun, when a bus full of many people stopped in front of me, totally blocking my view and each of the passengers were looking at me through their windows, gawking really. I must have been a sight. If you'll look to your right, you'll see a neurotic Dewdrop taking pictures of what appears to be nothing. She can't help it... As you can see though, I was not taking pictures of nothing (double negative intended).

Lacking instability all around...
HOWEVER, LAPSE RATES ARE ANEMIC AND LACK OF INSTABILITY WILL CONT TO LIMIT OR NEGATE LIGHTNING POTENTIAL... INSTABILITY REMAINS ESSENTIALLY NIL IN THIS OVERRUNNING PATTERN AND PRECIP AMOUNTS WILL REMAIN WELL BELOW ANY POTENTIAL FLOODING CONCERNS. Good news is that I might have a really cool chase opportunity this spring with JG and his group. It will be awesome to learn and grow with his team, sort of a crash course in Storm Chasing 101, some really valuable OJT, the best kind of education. I definitely think they would be able to show me the way, and I have so much to learn, and I am so eager to learn. It's an exciting prospect for me, something to look forward to in all this dreariness and amidst the SDS.

I've got my GR up today, just watching this front sail across us. It's not impressive. It's not got any meat on it's bones, but it's an excuse to have GR up. lol

Not an exciting week planned. Full of practices and meetings... It's always something. I have a busy life. Thursday, I actually have a meeting in the county up to learn how to Relay. I think I am expected to be there, but if I haven't figured it out after 10 years... there is no hope for me. Hopefully, my co-captain will go too, and I can eventually pass the crown to her. It's good to be queen, but it's exhausting. Time, maybe, for someone else to have a turn... maybe?

Had a friend just come in and share with me some pictures that she took of her horses. She has been inspired by me... that's a high compliment, and her pictures were beautiful!

That's all for now.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...