The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mini-Dew: Official Member of the Dewdrop Chase Team

Sign her up... Mini-Dew has discovered a new passion for videography (something I've never really enjoyed), and every good chase team needs a videographer. It's beneficial in showing rotation in those elusive mesocyclones... Supercells, tornadoes, all to be captured by my new videographer, Mini-Dew. It was hysterical, there we are at the mall in Macon after her competition (which might I add she placed 3rd in overall and her team placed 1st), and she was commentating about where we were and what was around her. She even looked up at the cloud structure at one point, granted it was nothing but rain, but I was still proud. When I told her she could be the videographer on my storm chasing team, her little face lit up like a bolt of lightning.

As for weather, yes, the whole point of the blog, they are saying that thunderstorms are likely for tonight... whatever. I'll believe it when I see it. GR shows no lightning data, and it's impossible to have a thunderstorm without lightning... right? One interesting thing, they are also dropping POPS on Tuesday... strange, quite a contrast from the initial forecast, where it was supposed to rain a dreary rain for the rest of my natural life, well through Wednesday anyway. Now, it's skipping Tuesday and going through Thursday. At least practice might not be cancelled, again. There is some talk of something coming on Wednesday, possibly, but the major system won't form until it gets over the Atlantic on Thursday... so unfair. (I'm thinking it's a curse... The Curse of the Dewdrop. No weather for you!)

I have heard that it is "Call a Person who has been a good friend and thank them" Day. Who knew? (It's not really, but thanks for the call MR. I'm glad that I could be there for you.) ...and to think, I got the call, cause I'm cool like that. So sorry that I missed Chris Daughtry's "National Anthem" solo. Maybe I'll be able to check it out on YouTube soon. Gotta love YouTube.

We got home from Macon only to discover that the neighbors' rabbit, Oreo, who Mini-Dew announced bites (great...), had escaped from his cage, while the neighbors were out of town. So, there we all are chasing around this very plump but fast rabbit, as it hops around the neighborhood. All I could think about was Elmer Fudd, "Shhh, be vewy, vewy qwiet, I'm huntin' wabbits." We eventually caught Oreo, but I'm sure that we were quite a sight out there chasing this cwazy wabbit (insert funny laugh here) all over the place.

All in all it was a tough weekend... I am exhausted, and I am glad it's over. Tomorrow is a new day. I think for tonight, I will just curl up on the couch with a Chai tea latte and watch my Patriots stomp the Colts into the ground. I suppose I could unpack our luggage, but who wants to do that?

I took some cool sunset pics on the way to Macon, but I am too tired for a download right now, so maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...