The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, January 19, 2007

A Spotter Blog...cool

Anyone else out there just see clouds as functions of convection? I used to look at them and see a cloud, and I remember worrying the first time I flew what it would be like flying through clouds... they looked like cotton, so I assumed they also felt like cotton. Boy was I surprised when we sailed right through... Then, I felt pretty foolish when I learned what clouds were. Now, when I see a cloud, I analyze it... determine it's intentions... I remember seeing this cloud. I was at that military rec facility, and I looked up at the sky, wondering if I should stay and wait for the sunset or just go and buy my groceries... When I saw this cloud, I thought, "Oh look, convection," and I captured it and left. No sunset for me, and it rained most of the following day... but that day was a beautiful day. I should've stayed for the sunset.

Regarding Sunday:
APPEARS TO BE ANOTHER WEAK FRONT WITH VERY LITTLE INSTABILITY/DYNAMICS OVERALL. ...and things are going to stall over us, so it looks like more dreariness headed our way... fabulous. The Tallahassee NWS is working on a spotter blog that they hope to have operational before our severe weather season... (I'm just hoping we have a severe weather season...), but that sounds pretty interesting. I plan to be on that as much as possible. I'll link it when it's up; they're supposed to let me know. Also, they are looking to schedule a nearby spotter class, which I hope to be able to attend. I have a lot of conflicts right now with rec sports, competitive team, girl scouts, relay and church, but I hopefully will be able to make training. I want to learn as much as possible. Sadly, that's all there is to say about the weather right now.

Mini-Dew last night was feeling sick again, and she couldn't fall back to sleep. When I went in to check on her, she was wide awake and she said to me, "Mommy, I've tried EVERYTHING! I've counted sheep... I've counted to 100... I've relaxed my body. I just cannot fall asleep." She sounded like such a grownup, so matter of fact. I had to chuckle. Poor thing, reacts to certain pizzas that way (we tried a new one last night because they were out of the other at the grocery store)... what kid reacts to pizza that way?!

TGIF!!!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...