The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, February 04, 2007

I made the short term...

Tim B. wrote a short term forecast based partly on my snow report... Of course I was sleeping at that time, so he emailed it to me. How very nice. Thanks, Tim. My first official spotting report didn't go unnoticed. :-)

........................
FPUS72 KTAE 040606
NOWTAE
SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
106 AM EST SUN FEB 4 2007
FLZ015>019-026>029-034-GAZ127>131-145>148-156>161-GMZ755-775-040800- BEN HILL-BERRIEN-BROOKS-COLQUITT-COOK-DECATUR-DIXIE-FRANKLIN-GADSDEN- GRADY-IRWIN-JEFFERSON-LAFAYETTE-LANIER-LEON-LIBERTY-LOWNDES-MADISON-MITCHELL-SUWANNEE RIVER TO APALACHICOLA 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE- SUWANNEE RIVER TO APALACHICOLA OUT TO 20 NM-TAYLOR-THOMAS-TIFT- TURNER-WAKULLA-WORTH-
106 AM EST SUN FEB 4 2007

.NOW...
THROUGH 3 AM EST...A FEW REPORTS OF VERY LIGHT SNOW OR ICE PELLETS HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE WEATHER OFFICE EARLY THIS SUNDAY MORNING. LOCAL RADARS SHOW A VERY NARROW BAND OF MOISTURE EXTENDING FROM NEAR APALACHICOLA NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA MOVING RAPIDLY TO THE EAST AND NORTHEAST. NO ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW OR FROZEN PRECIPITATION WILL OCCUR.

$$

BARRY

Very cool.

As for the current conditions, we are headed into red flag warning conditions... the humuidity is low, cold and dry... warm and wet... cold and dry... more of that same trend. The NWS has backed off the POPS for that system previously mentioned for the end of next week. At least, things will warm up some towards the middle of the week. I am tired of all this cold. If this keeps up, I'll have to go and buy myself a winter coat. Where do you buy a winter coat in South Georgia??? Spring is on it's way and with it comes severe weather season. If the El Nino keeps up, it could be a good one, but the experts are expecting El Nino to come to an end around the middle of this month... of course, they are. It's a good thing really... seriously severe storms in our area, where it's still mostly populated can be horribly devastating. Speaking of devastating, there are no new public information statements out of Melbourne. Continued thoughts and prayers with you folks in that area as you rebuild and recover.

Well, that's all for me for now... I have a ferocious headache that doesn't seem to want to back off.

I hope everyone enjoys their Superbowl Sunday... since my Patriots aren't in it, thanks, in part to Tom Brady throwing it away to the Colts in the last moments of the game... I think I'll just scrapbook or something. I could watch the commercials, I suppose. Hubby is deciding between several Superbowl parties... not sure what we'll do.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...