The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Perhaps, but doubtful...

What?! TLH appears to be experiencing technical difficulties, so I have no update from there, but looking at storm reports, I see many, many hail reports, some up to 1.75". Also, a tornado report in Houma, LA (WHERE?), where some damage was reported. Strong winds reported out of the Galveston area. Still a strong convection off the coast.

Leave it to me to check at the exact moment when the server is temporarily down. TLH is back up now. Time to check it out...

You know, I really hope these showers that Tim speaks of in the short term forecast pan out because yesterday when I was fighting with hubby about the weather, I told him about slight POPS for tonight... so now, he's holding me to rain... sheesh, I said slight POPS. That means maybe, possibly, not really likely, but it could happen. I didn't say 100% POPS, I said slight... It's not really fair to hold me to anything... I'm not a meteorologist! Well look at that... Ron really had a lot to say in the AFD. I'm impressed, very thorough... If I didn't know better, I might have thought it was Kelly's... Hey, wait a minute... a lot of it was Kelly's (it's still good)... but here are the highlights...:
THERE IS SOME CONCERN NOW THAT THE REGION WILL NEED TO BE MONITORED FOR THE POTENTIAL FOR SOME STRONG STORMS LATER ON THURSDAY. THINK AREAS FROM TLH TO ABY AND EASTWARD WILL LIKELY STAY DRY OR WITH MINIMAL ACTIVITY UNTIL MID-LATE AFTERNOON WHEN POPS WILL BEGIN TO INCREASE. Basically, unimpressive shear, moderate instability, but... IF MCS HOLD TOGETHER...THIS WILL CHANGE AS STRONG TO SEVERE POTENTIAL MAY INCREASE.

Still waiting and seeing... without any chance at me getting my hopes up. I've learned my lesson.

Good night.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...