The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Jesus loves them and so does she...

Hubby shared with me a story this morning. Apparently, last night, hubby and Mini-Dew were having a conversation, and she piped in with with... "You know, 33 people were shot at a Tech School, and a lot of people are angry with the people in charge, but you know what... Jesus loves them, and so do I." Now, I'm sure that the Mini-Dew had heard that opinion somewhere and decided that she would share it, but I am quite impressed with her decision. Forgiveness. It's a beautiful thing...

The picture is the view out my window this early AM. The sky has got some interesting colors. Unfortunately, my room faces south, so I won't get any awesome shots from here, but I have some ideas for shooting the sunset today or tomorrow.

Yesterday, I learned some things... one, I watched a German man and his daughter play a game called "Schnick Schnack Schnook". It was just like our rock, paper, scissors, with a few extras thrown in, that I couldn't make out... but they were so lively and happy. It was truly a joy to watch, and where we would slam our fist into our other hand, they swing they arm like you would imagine them doing in a German drinking song... It was so nice. I shared with them a smile, which is the other thing I learned... you know, I have encountered many less than friendly people here, but it has been my objective to make each of them happy for at least a minute. The universal language of a smile has done wonders for me this trip. Some of the grumpiest folks here just transform into mush when you smile at them. I'm glad to have the chance to brighten their day just a little... :-)

I'm off to get ready for the day at the dam, which begs the question... so, what'd the fish say when it swam into the concrete wall?

Until I blog again...
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

Dew comment, please...