The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, April 19, 2007

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Holy cow! I would so do that again! It was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life. The person taking pictures didn't catch a pic of it but the instructor thought I was doing well enough to jump in there with me... indoor skydiving rocks!!! What a rush of pure adrenalin, and I had the chamber all to myself, so I got some great fly time! He really let me climb, too. AWESOME!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT!!!

The Hoover Dam was amazing, and the weather was absolutely perfect for it. It's incredible to consider the effort of building such a massive structure back in those days. I was largely impressed. I didn't much care for the elevator down to the generators on account of my severe claustrophobia, but the view was incredible. It was much larger than I ever imagined it to be, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience that wonder. As you can imagine (you know me), I took a ton of pictures. I enjoyed shooting Lake Mead and the Colorado River. I read all the little information plaques on the tour and learned as much as I could about the dam for hubby's sake. At one point, I had 88,000 gallons of water per minute running under me in a 30 foot wide tunnel. It's pretty amazing to consider that and the unbelievable pressure on that dam... I'll save my other pics for a sunny day. Right now, I would like to share the really awesome pics I was able to grab of some chipmunks. There were tons of chipmunks running around the area of the dam, and they would walk right up to people and actually take food from their hands. They were the cutest little things. I enjoyed them almost as much as the dam, but still nothing compares to the indoor skydiving... oh well, except for the possibility of an opportunity for a really awesome plains chase. I will update with more details if it becomes a reality, but for now... the indoor skydiving has the floor.

OK, OK, one more, before I shut down... I'll update in the morning, and then I will be off the computer most likely until Saturday when I finally return home, unless I can talk my boss into leaving the computer with me Thursday night while she's at the horse show... hmm... I might just talk with her about that.

Good night... I'm still on cloud nine (I just love that CU)...
~Dewdrop

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good day. You can try that indoor skydiving again just south of you in Orlando. They have one right off of the Florida Pike and I4. It's call Sky America. It's pretty cool. I have been there before.

    Anyways - Yeah I first saw the dam last year when Kersten and I were out in Vegas for 4 days. It is a awesome sight, and just the drive out there is way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so there!!!

    The dam was amazing! I'll share more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dew! I'm just catching up on your blog. It looks like you are having a total blast! I've never been out there, but it's on my "soon-to-do" list :-)

    btw....the indoor skydiving thing...what a GREAT SDS treatment technique! What better way to simulate a 100mph updraft or the suck-zone of a tornado. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a really nice trip. The chipmunk is adorable. I hope to get to the Southwest next year. Seeing the area makes me homesick big time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, It was an excellent treatment for SDS. Man, what a rush!!! I will never forget it, and I hope to get down to the one near Orlando that Jeff and Chris told me about.

    Beth, Thanks!!! It was an awesome trip, but I must say that I'm glad to be returning home.

    I AM FINALLY HEADED HOME!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...