The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, May 21, 2007

Busy evening in the plains... and smoke for us

Well, I sat and watched as a nice little grouping of strong cells totally morphed into nothing in Steve's presence. It had me rolling. Poor guy, I can totally relate. According to his Nowcasting blog, he's headed home. I can't say I blame him, given the curse and all. Got an update from Jess. They are headed south to get in position for tomorrow, so they missed the tornado near Glen Ullin, in North Dakota. Oh well, perhaps the next one. That system in the central part of the plains has worked itself into a squall. I hate squalls. It seems that this system amounts to just lots of hail and rain. I'll gladly take that. We'll even accept any leftovers.

I took this pic on the way home from Mini-Dew's practice, so you see... even though the specific storms chased by some in the plains sucked, nothing sucks as bad as this darn smoke! I am tired of the ridge. I am tired of the smoke. I am tired of the drought. Mini-Dew said today, when I stopped to take this picture... "We really need rain, BAD!" Out of the mouths of babes. God, from her lips to your ears...

~Dewdrop

P.S. They have torn down all those trees in anticipation of building a neighborhood there, but because of fire weather, they can't burn the piles, so everything's on hold. I hope they wait until it's really safe to burn. That is literally down the road about 1 1/2 miles. Certainly, too close for comfort.

3 comments:

  1. She's chasing with two very good chasers. It was wise to blow off yesterday to get into place for todays setup much further south.

    Best of you luck to the Sisters and the group today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Mini-Dew. We're praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is indeed. I am very much looking forward to my opportunity. I agree that they did the right thing. They are in the perfect position for this afternoon's action!

    Yep, Dawn, we're all praying.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...