The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, May 21, 2007

Ridge and smoke....

I am keeping my eyes to the South Dakota radar for Jess to offer updates. It's looking like a good chase day in the extreme Northern and Southern plains today with some action thrown into the middle for good measure. I just watched a bow echo form over Southern Texas, not incredibly impressive, but I am pretty hard up for any weather action, so it was thrilling for me to watch. The SPC has outlined a few areas of chance tornadoes (2%), the Dakotas, Texas panhandle and Southern Texas. Looks like great possibilities of hail in the Dakotas and the panhandle. Jess and Steve should both get a little action today, while I am stuck here in the smoke. Save some for me, guys! I want to play, too. Only 2 more weeks...

Locally, let me see... ahh, yes a ridge, setting up nicely right over us. (I'll allow you some time to let the shock of that comment wear off...lol) Oh, and what's this... smoke. Ridge and smoke. Fabulous. Welcome to South Georgia weather. To quote the guys...

ONLY GAME IN TOWN IS SMOKE POTENTIAL.

That being said, let me focus my attention toward the tropics for just a moment... looky, looky what they had to say at the TPC:
TROPICAL WAVE...THE FIRST TRACKED ON OUR SFC MAP IN 2007...IS LOCATED ALONG 21W/22W S OF 10N MOVING W ABOUT 15 KT. THIS WAVE APPEARS TO HAVE MOVED OFF THE AFRICAN COAST AROUND 06Z ON SAT BASED ON SATELLITE AND SFC DATA OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS. THIS WEAK FEATURE IS LOW-LATITUDE AND IT'S MAIN FUNCTION IS PERTURBING THE ITCZ SLIGHTLY. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE WAVE AXIS.
At least, it's something to watch. Being that it's just off the coast of Africa... it's a long-shot, but it's there. At least, it could offer some distraction from the ridiculously monotonous weather pattern we are locked into...

I'd better get going. I have, once again, tons to do.

Later Alligators,
~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dew! Just peeking in to see what the wx was doing in South GA. Sounds like it was nice yesterday (Crisp blue skies and comfortable temps are perfect outdoor weather conditions) until the smoke reared its ugly head again. Have a great rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To early for the east ATL action. Water temps still in the upper 70s. Wave too far south along the ITCZ.

    Keeping an eye on the sw carib as lower pressures continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Mike, that smoke is awful, still hazy today.

    Definitely too early for East Atl stuff, but it's cool to see "tropical wave". Keeping an eye out.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...