The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, May 12, 2007

The calm before the storm...

All figurative, of course... it's not like we have any real weather headed this way. I am talking about spending Mothers' Day at Nickelodeon Hotel... Who does that?! I might have to check out nearby day spas and check myself in there, let hubby deal with all the wild and crazy children, the slime, the overload of Nick. yes, folks, I have significant reservations about going to this hotel... The only source of solace, a full bar.

OK, OK, weather blog, yes, yes. Got that backdoor front rolling in tomorrow, which should help the fires. Good POPS for that one... finally. Unfortunately, it'll "sag" (love it) its way out by Monday, and leave us with another dry high until Thursday when we just might get a slow moving front to stall over the area... not counting my chickens... it is officially, a "wait and see". The system formerly known as STD Andrea... is still lingering as a remnant low off the coast of Florida... still some solid convection. Advisories are long gone, but she remains... strange little system...

I have procrastinated enough... The shower is calling for me. We are meeting the others (Girl Scouts) early, so I have to jet.

Have a great weekend!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Have a good wknd. Storms should b isolated in FL, but the smoke is the main issues over much of the state this morning.

    Have fun, and I do think the Nick rooms have a internet option in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoke was awful from Jasper to just south of Lake City, and then again in Gainesville, but all better now.

    I don't have my laptop yet, so I'm in the lobby blogging... at least, I can blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool deal. Looks like some storms could fire from the Orlandp area southward to my place in the coming hours. Keep a look out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking like the convection is getting thicker up this way... I hope it just holds off while we watch Ice Age II pool side... cool place.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...