The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Finally in Valentine...

First, let me start by saying that Georgia is having a good old time since I've been gone... I can't believe how quickly that severe weather moved in after I left. That is ridiculous. They are not going to let me back in the state ever... doggone.

It was a long, boring drive to Valentine, NE... lots of fields, lots of cows, lots of trees, lots of hills... really not all that impressive, and after 6 hours of it... sheesh. A few times, I had hubby turn around so I could grab a clear shot on something cool... initially he resisted (Don't have a cow, man!) Then, he realized that I really wanted the shot, and things went much more smoothly. We arrived here with two hours to spare. There were so many different wind mills on the road. It was nice to see them against the rolling hills, green pastures and crisp blue skies with random CU patches rolling through. Such beautiful landscape, so much plentiful land. It's a shocking contrast to the city life that I am so accustomed to. Roads seem to go one forever here... oh, wait, I think they actually do. We passed a beautiful old-fashioned bridge over the Niobrara River, here in Valentine... truly beautiful. Hubby was kind enough to stop on the bridge over the river for me to get that one. We did so many u-turns... just trying to get the shots, capture the moment. I was pleased to see these beautiful purple wild flowers along the side of the road since I missed the ones in Missouri. All in all, a beautiful, but long journey here. I have been keeping tabs all along by keeping a journal while I can't blog, so I don't forget anything. I've seen so much along the way that I have never seen, never dreamed of seeing. I have seen it on TV, I suppose, and in movies, but nothing compares to this, seeing it in person. It's breathtaking, truly. I will never forget what I have seen or how big Nebraska is... btw, not too many gas stations along highway 20... almost had a big problem... finally found one just in time, even met a man named Bob, from Georgia, or so he says...

Tomorrow is the big chase day. I am thrilled beyond words. Peggy and Melanie just arrived here at the hotel. I am excited to meet them. This will be awesome!

Gotta run!

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you are having fun!!!I didn't have the opportunity to stop only when they did u a r really lucky !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be able to stop on a whim and shoot some pics. I love taking pics wherever I go... (in case anyone couldn't tell...) lol! Currently have a view of a cemetary... facing North, so no sunset for me today, but that's OK. I am still remembering yesterday's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hdey!!! I've been across that bridge before...it is indeed quite beautiful. http://texastailchaser.com/2005blog/20050606/01.JPG

    Be sure to check out the First National Bank in downtown Valentine if you can. It's a cool 3D mural on the bricked front of the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mural is spectacular! It sort of reminds me of "The Last Unicorn".

    The bridge definitely earned a u-turn. I love a view! Coolness! Thanks for sharing your shot. Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...