The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, June 09, 2007

The force is strong and the weather is gone!!! Warning!!! Due to lack of weather availability, this blog contains none!

An interesting look into what storm chasers and production crews do when there is no weather... I know Jess will appreciate this... Today was obviously not a chase day. I am just now back in my room and given what I have done, I should be hugging the porcelain throne... but I know the secret...








OK, so now, we have apparently, not been "not anywhere"... that's deep, especially for me right now, man. I'm so glad I don't have to be ready until the afternoon. Btw, this is why we were in Amana, IA... just wasting time in a gift shop that tried to present itself as a winery cause they had some wine. This is Mike, Peggy, Melanie, Dew and Hubby.

So folks were working hard until that point right... there were Diane and Zac so focused on work... such hard working dedicated folks. I love them both. Smooches, guys, and that's not just the alcohol talking... you guys rock!!! I mean that sir, please, thank you.












Emily was pretty rocking too... with all her behind the scenes work... You know you're loved girl. You know it!!!









Then, of course, our on-call comedian Carroll... who is being shot by Matt who was pretty awesome. He found the radio dial and was jamming to newly created lyrics to "Beautiful!" Awesomeness!

Then, of course, Matt had to teach Hubby a new napkin trip that Hubby just loved. This picture also conatins Shane, who will be driving us to Kansas City, MO tomorrow, if he wakes up...
I was able to get this hero shot of my hero Tim. I didn't get to see him much during my time with the group, but he was great to hang with.
That's when Peg and Mel get in on the action... Peg is talking on a shell phone, insisting it's for me... and Mel keeps challenging hubby to a thumb war...

Then, I can't leave out fellow chasers... Mike, Karen and Eric, then of course, dear sweet Emily popping in to share in the fun!!!
Finally, after Shane wasn't feeling so hot, Hubby, Zac and I headed to his room for a mini-party after the bar closed. I had the awesome chance to hone my videographer skills as I interviewed Shane. Look who's the videographer now...
Again, Shane was the bomb who will be driving us to Kansas City tomorrow... if he recovers... (yes, Jess, he shaved his head... pretty funny footage there...) Man, the sun is rising. I'd better hurry...
I am proud to report that I helped Zac find his manners, and I think he appreciates that... right Zac...?
Better, or I'll hold your doggone hat hostage...! oops.. yeah, sort of left wearing it... after drinking my first ever Corona... ewww...


Well, that about sums up the day... The sun is about to rise, so I'd better try to get some shut eye.

Good morning,
~Dewdrop

Please pardon in advance any typos...

6 comments:

  1. I am so friggin jealous!!!!
    That was almost better then a chase!!!!!! What a day you must of had!!!!!!I would of loved that!!
    so now we both have unique experiences from our trip!!
    Shane looks good!!!

    I didnt know we could blog them or i would of been taking pics of them too...live and learn.
    I loved you blog jenn, you are a very talanted writer even with a buzz!!! Have a safe journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a spring break party in Daytona Beach..

    Down days can fun too. Looks like a slight over VAL today. I wonder how this could have happend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down day was definitely fun!

    I guess if I can't post them, they'll let me know, and I'll just delete it, but I don't see why I couldn't blog it...

    Jess, we'll just have to plan something with these guys. They rock!!!

    Slight over VAL... no way! That curse is out of hand now. Ma Nature is really toying with me now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great adventure! Enjoyed reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT is some serious SDS therapy. I bet the "room-relative helicities" were locally enhanced significantly. :-)

    I'm glad you got the opportunity to do this. Even if Ma Nature didn't follow the forecasts, you got to see some cool stuff and as I always say....a bad day stormchasing beats a good day at work...any day. :-)

    We look forward to seeing the show whenever it airs. Any preliminary word on that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, Thanks glad you enjoyed it... It appears that I had a few drinks for you... and then some. It was a great time. I am interested to see how it all gets put together.

    Steve, It definitely had an impact on local helicities... heck of a lot of fun!!! Boosted my spirits too after a rough day chasing. The sucky part is that I am leaving a slight risk. I can't believe that! Well, yes, I actually can.

    No word yet on when the show will air, but I will let everyone know... possibly August, September.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...