The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, June 29, 2007

I love the sky...

I would like to start by saying that there is just something about eating fresh watermelon in the summertime that launches me back into my childhood. Nostalgia... ain't it great? Aside from that I should mention that I shot this pic as I was leaving the office yesterday evening. I am loving that it's back to those days when I can take pics every day. I had been missing this. I was also able to take this picture of the sun setting behind trees. I loved the color of the sky, a golden amber glow. I have a trip planned in a couple of weeks up north of Atlanta... I am thinking I might take that opportunity to check out a few of the waterfalls up there... maybe capture a sunset... I guess I will see. It'll be nice to have a different place to shoot from. I might just see what inspires me...

Well, it looks like Weather Brigade member Carolina Mike has been granted a slight risk for severe weather today. Doggone "W" word though... he might end up missing it all. I tell you, work sure does get in the way of storm chasing sometimes. Hopefully, some lightning, if any, will hold off until he can get to it. I might just be able to offer support if I get home from my meeting (I actually baked a cake for the meeting...) in time. Though it seems that my curse transcends telephone lines... don't deny it, Mike. You know it's true! This is what they are saying about his slight risk for today though...

STRONG TO SEVERE MULTICELL STORMS DURING THE AFTERNOON/EVENING HOURS...WITH BRIEF PERIODS OF SEVERE HAIL/WINDS POSSIBLE.
Tropically, it looks like a couple of weak lows, nothing to get excited about... sigh. The tropical waves are, however, helping with the moisture return, therby, boosting POPS for some of the CWA... not here, of course.

Locally, once again isolated showers and storms are expected to develop this afternoon. I am pretty sure I could write these HWOs now... as redundant as they have been... they are starting to sound like the special wx statements about the smoke. Yes, folks, isolated showers and thunderstorms are likely to develop this afternoon, offering brief gusty winds, frequent lightning and heavy rain... same as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and... welcome to South Georgia summers... please realize...
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED EACH AFTERNOON AND EVENING FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS. HOWEVER... WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER IS NOT LIKELY.

I have heard that today, the moon will be closer to the Earth than it has been in 20 years. It was beautiful last night... but unfortunately, my camera takes horrific night shots, and I was too lazy to grab the tripod (not to mention, I had to bake the cake), so I have no decent sharable shots, but I plan to look again tonight. Tomorrow, we can look forward to a pale blue moon... lol (inside joke... sorry.)

I'd better get going...

Toodaloo... and hey, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dew...I like that circular cloud pic. This is a great time of the year to pull off the road on the way home and take cumulonimbus pics. Things should get popping in Bama again this p.m. Hope you get some good action too. Do you ever get strange looks (or at least a paranoid feeling) that people who drive by think you are crazy? I do, but I don't really care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I get that feeling... but it sure as heck doesn't stop me! Nothing's gonna stop me from taking these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dew,
    I think today and tomorrow are going to be p-r-e-t-t-y good here!
    Hope I get a bunch to share with you and the crew.....

    Have a great F-r-i-d-a-y!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Oh look, slight risk... I see a post update coming...

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...