The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, July 08, 2007

Interesting b-day...

Well, I did go out to eat, and I did go bowling (and I did horribly!), and then we went to a local night club... someone there announced that it was my birthday so they called me up to the stage to sing me happy birthday and offer me a free shot of tequila. I had been drinking really yummy watermelon and peach drinks prior to that, but the tequila did me in, and of course, announcing to the crowd that it was my birthday earned me many kind offers of birthday shots... and I also had the displeasure of getting to look at some guy's "guns"... just some advice guys, if you want to pick up a lady, don't think you should hold up your arm and flex your muscles... we were rolling, and we took that as our cue to depart. I crashed at my friend's house, since driving was not an option at that point. I very much slept in, went home and then, I went to a really incredible play last night. The local university, put on a performance of "Cabaret". The talent was genious. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire play. All in all, an interesting birthday weekend. I had fun. Wouldn't you know it, while I was in the club, it rained. My house actually got .16", and I heard that there was some lightning... couldn't hear it over the racket I was listening to, so I missed the whole thing... of course. Oh, I took the tulip shot around Mothers' Day... just felt like posting again.

Looks like there is a little baby lined out system along the boundary with some embedded thunderstorms with an associated low headed my way that should be here shortly... of course, I have to go to church this morning... why wouldn't it be headed here during that time? It isn't too impressive, but it's something. It should produce pulse-like storms according to the "text", so we shall see. Looks like a decent chance at rain hangs in through Tuesday, but on Wednesday, a ridge moves in... Thursday, we stand a shot at some sea breeze action, and then a trough moves into our neck of the woods for the weekend... actually the talk is of Central GA being the hot spot, and that's relatively close to where I plan to be. I am hoping to get some awesome waterfall shots, but I'm not sure the weather will cooperate. Wait and see, I suppose.

Nothing exciting in the tropical discussion. Can't say I'm surprised.

I'd better get ready for church.

Have a lovely Sunday!
~Dewdrop

8 comments:

  1. You better hope that there has been enough rain for there to be water for the waterfalls. good luck with the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like u had fun..good!!
    wish i could of been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll just have to party some at our spotter class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for the waterfall shoot, here's hoping... if not, I'll shoot the lack of waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good birthday, Dew~ I'll be on vacation the next couple of weeks, so I'll blog when I can borrow my sis' laptop when we are in Chicago...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mike! Have a great time in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks...and I almost forgot...cha cha cha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I meant, have a great time in Chicago, cha cha cha.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...