The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, July 09, 2007

Nothing at all...

Well, my typical Sunday grocery trip was interesting... of course before leaving, I checked the radar... NADA... not surprising. Well, I left and decided I wanted to capture a few shots of the sky over a nearby corn field. I think I have finally recovered from the unbelievable quantities of corn I experienced in Iowa during my chase-cation. You can clearly see that something was wanting to happen at that time even if the radar didn't reveal such just moments before. Well, I went into the grocery store and while I was in there, I could hear clearly that it was pouring outside, didn't hear any thunder, so I didn't have to abandon my buggy... but sheesh... rain, while I am clearly busy. So, afterward, I drove around a bit to see what I could find. Nothing... of course. There were some nice CU structures that were wanting to get excited, but of course, nothing did. I know that's not largely shocking. The weak low that was headed our way this weekend didn't exactly happen as planned... it's the story of my life. I've been trying to blame it on the Weather Brigade, but I know it's me. I scare away all weather. It's almost funny now.

As for today... interestingly, the guys still forecast weather for me...

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON ALONG AND EAST OF THIS LINE...ESPECIALLY OVER GEORGIA. ALTHOUGH WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER IS NOT ANTICIPATED... ISOLATED STRONG TO SEVERE STORMS ARE POSSIBLE WITH HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS.
I won't be counting my chickens, but I will have my camera ready as always.

I'm off to work now.

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Remember i havent seen any severe weather since my trip,so your not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's the chase-cation that cursed us... naaa... I was cursed long before the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn... here's my because of **you** story! The other night it was raining, thundering and lighting outside around 8:30pm. I quickly thought of you, and ran to look out the window. Everything had a pink/purple hue... the white picket fence and white swing in my front yard just looked so cool with the rain storm, lighting and sunset all at the same time. So I quickly grab my camera and run to the front door. Around the corner comes my husband yelling..."What are you doing taking pictures during a lighting storm???!!!" In which I reply... "I want to show Jenn the sky!" I then decided I better get back inside. The pink/purple hue didn't really show up in my pictures. Oh well. I thought you'd atleast appreciate my story! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, I am truly touched. Truly. Thank you for sharing that because-of-me story. It swelled my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...