The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, July 30, 2007

It's about dogone time... could it be Chantal in the making?

Here is pic #5 for consideration in the floral collage.

Well, last night, while I was playing Cranium with my family, a few boomers passed over the house that actually caused my dear son to jump. I was thrilled, but as I said, we were playing a game, so I didn't get the chance to go after it. My dear son and his girlfriend decided to stop by and deliver my birthday gift. How sweet, huh? The lightning didn't actually look all that impressive from where I was sitting. Would have most likely ended up being a complete waste of my time. I called Mini-Dew out of the neighbor's pool (along with the rest of the kids) when I heard thunder start to rumble. (If you hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck... not a good time to be in a swimming pool...

It looks like today shares a similar forecast to yesterday, climatologically supported afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms, some possibly with strong winds and a large threat of lightning. Kelly is expecting the storms to be of the pulse variety... we know what that means... nada for the Dew. ONLY a potential for small hail because of a "skinny CAPE" in the hail growth zone. (raised eyebrows.)

Now, let's check this out... finally something to watch...

...SPECIAL FEATURE...
SURFACE TROUGH IS ALONG 35N74W 32N70W 28N67W. SYSTEM REMAINS POORLY ORGANIZED WITH SEVERAL LOW LEVEL CIRCULATIONS ALONG THE TROUGH. THIS TROUGH STILL HAS SOME POTENTIAL FOR TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL DEVELOPMENT OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AS IT MOVES NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 10-15 KT.
Have a great day!!!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. As the NWS says, "When thunder roars, stay indoors!" You are really bring ing out the wx geek in me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roaring once again... I think we all bring out the wx geek in each other... Wouldn't you say so?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...that's one of the beautiesw of this blog thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little indulgence doesn't hurt...

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...