The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, July 30, 2007

Where the frontal boundary and the sea breeze collide... over me? no way!


Well, well, what a treat, driving back from a trip to the local craft store... I was faced with this nice little disturbance, some intense lightning, and I actually saw the hail shaft, which according to Rick had the potential for some 1/2" hail... didn't see any of that, but it was a nice little shaft while it lasted. Still, as I type rumblings are ongoing with the ocassional snap, crackle, pop thrown in for good measure. There was a nice lowered section in the clouds containing some rather impressive scud for a spell. Reminded me of the days when... I was chasing that one little wall cloud across the entire state of Iowa, or when I saw dueling wall clouds under one mesocyclone with a striated anvil in South Dakota... or the really awesome shelf cloud that pasted across the entire sky behind me, also in South Dakota... yeah... it was just scud though. Now, GR is showing potential hail right over me... Sheesh. I see nothing. I've got the smokers coming in and offering updates... nope, no hail.

I love a good storm...
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. The problem with those radar estimates of hail size is that they are for 50k feet up in the atmosphere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it would just fall... I like to refer to it as potential hail. Looks like huge potential hail in the next town over right now... 1.00"!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...