The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A little sun chasing...

OK, well, dry air is such a drag, but it was a beautiful sunset yesterday! Now that they've burned all the wood piles in that future development on the wetlands near my neighborhood, I am provided with an awesome view. I was coming back from practice with Mini-Dew when I saw this magnificence. Nothing like a beautiful sunset to remind you about what's important in life, simple pleasures.

As for weather... well, looks like a weak surface trough will create showers and thunderstorms today... of course, I'm heading out. With the storms, you can expect strong or brief gusty winds, frequent CG and even some small hail. Here's the best part:

MOISTURE LEVELS WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE INTO WEDNESDAY AS SOUTHERLY FLOW CONTINUES. SCATTERED AFTERNOON SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP EACH AFTERNOON INTO THE WEEKEND. ANY OF THESE STORMS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME STRONG AND PRODUCE GUSTY WINDS...LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING.
That's all I've got for now. Later tonight, spotter class. Woohoo!!!

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Great sunset pics. Have fun at your spotter class. Nothing like a room full of weather storm geeks... LOL ....I'm also a member!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff. I plan to have a lot of fun. I could teach the class now, just about, but I look forward to meeting Jess. Chaser converegence, always nice for treating severe SDS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, we need to get you out here in the plains and apply all of your training. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me. If you don't mind the Dewvoid potential. I'd be glad to actually have something to chase... next year.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...