The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, August 27, 2007

Thick fog...

Woke up to some thick fog this morning. I couldn't even see Mini-Dew at the bus stop which is only 6/100 of a mile from my front door. Usually, we wave to each other and make silly faces... this time, she was waving the cloud poster that Kelly at the NWS gave me during the tour down there. She is studying weather and climate in school right now, and she thought the class would like to see the poster. I also shared with her teacher the lightning picture that I shot on Thursday, so that could be shared with her class. I think her class will like the lightning shot. I also sent it to my photography teacher. I thought he needed to see it because when he asked everyone what our reason for taking his class was, I took out a picture of his of some cloud to cloud that had been in our local newspaper, and I said, I want you to teach me how to do THIS. He laughed. I think he will be proud of me. I know I am, as if you couldn't tell from how much I have talked about that really awesome picture... that I took.

Typical summer time thunderstorms are expected today, which means yet another shot at some backyard chasing... woohoo. Don't miss the sarcasm there. I am so stinking tired of chasing in my backyard. One of these days... hopefully tomorrow.

As for the tropics... there is one area of clustered storms heading into the area of Dean's second landfall... otherwise, there is one area that I am now watching that the NHC describes as

CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS LOCATED OVER THE WEST-CENTRAL CARIBBEAN SEA ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A TROPICAL WAVE. THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF A CLOSED SURFACE CIRCULATION AND DEVELOPMENT..IF ANY...IS EXPECTED TO BE SLOW TO OCCUR AS THE SYSTEM MOVES WESTWARD AROUND 15 TO 20 MPH.
Development if any doesn't bode well for the home team, but it's something.

Update 1:00: This is what I am looking at right now... you know, at the end of my lunch hour... You've got to be kidding me, right? Looking out my window, I see that it is, in fact, pitch black to my west... grr...

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Your Kung Fu is strong young puddle splasher...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing good came out of it though... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn... I just admire your cloud pictures all the time no matter how many times you say Ma Nature is avoiding you down there. I've watched the sky the past couple of days for some pretty clouds like yours, and I have yet to see any of those beautiful clouds floating by. I'm thinking the smog of Atlanta is getting in my way. hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, Thanks bunches. Darn the smog. Come on down anytime. We have clouds... and some beautiful skies, but I fall short in the severe weather department. A trade off, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...