The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nada mucho... waiting on another bloggerific opportunity...

Yesterday saw no evening storms, but right after lunch we had a nice downpour and some "evil looking clouds". There were some flashes of lightning, but it wasn't anything to write home about. I was unimpressed. That's all I had. Yesterday evening was dry for me. The sky was clear except for a slight haze, but I could easily see the moon... unlike this morning, when I wanted to view the lunar eclipse. Unfortunately, the lunar eclipse occurred below the tree line, so it was blocked from view, but I was ready for it. Darn. I heard it was awesome, that the moon turned a fiery orange, and looked huge down there near the horizon. Who put those doggone trees there?? Hey, I just realized that I didn't really explain my pics. The first was a rainbow type thing, (sun dog?) that I saw yesterday evening while Mini-Dew was at practice. I thought it was cool, and the clouds were looking awesome. The other was a dry slot being overtaken by the early afternoon storm yesterday. I love how blue it was, and it was amidst all the dark clouds. The video... if I can get it to work... is actually the storm rolling in. I was watching that lowering for a while. My first thought was WALL CLOUD, but nah... just some lowered cloud bases...

Today's forecast looks good for me...

BEST RAIN CHANCES THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING ACROSS SOUTH GEORGIA
I'll be ready. Anything in the evening, I can chase... later tonight, I will have to backyard chasing.

In the tropics... not much, but here is what the NHC has in their sights. So far, only one hurricane, so it has been sort of a slow season, and we are almost at the "peak". Anything can happen though, so people need not let their guard down.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

8 comments:

  1. That sky shot makes me want to go out and get a Krispy Kreme doughnut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yummy inspiration it was....the only problem was that in my rural community, there are no Krispy Kremes!!!

    By the way, that was definitely a sun dog (so cool)!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hole in the clouds shot! Looks like a portal into, well the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, soupy weather in Tennessee today...let's hope the storms FIRE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alabama Mike, We have "Dixie Creme" here... not quite a Krispy Kreme. I am a personal fan of Dunkin' Donuts, but living where I live, it's only available when I travel, but I sure do love me a Boston Creme Donut... Thanks for the info on sun dogs. I was pretty sure, but I have only ever seen them before in cirrus... so I didn't know.

    Nebraska Mike, It was so funny to look up and see that amongst all the darkness, almost like your last shot at blue skies... enjoy it before it's buried in darkness. Very cool. Thanks... don't suppose you'll tell me still who the co-contributor is... ;-P

    Tennessee Mike (Michael), Soupy weather? Interesting weather adjective... what does it mean exactly? Did the storms FIRE for you? Here's hoping. I know I got absolutely nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunkin Donuts are yankee donuts. You haven't lived until you had a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut hot out of the oven!!!! My oldes son loves Dunkin Donnuts, though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't help it, I am a YANKEE!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...