The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, September 21, 2007

STD 10!!! ... finally...

As Alabama Mike pointed out, we finally have an official something or other, even if in the form of an STD (subtropical depression). Yes, folks, the future Subtropical or Tropical Storm Jerry is well on his way. Didn't take long before getting over warm water, and I am confident that more of that will only boost his chances. I'll be on the look out for stray tornadoes. I don't expect them this far east, but you never know.

UPDATE: As Alabama Mike kindly pointed out, STD 10, has now aquired enough tropical characteristics to lose the sub. Welcome Tropical Depression 10!

Oh, and look what the SPC did!!! Slight risk for me. Wahoo!!! I can't even remember the last time I had a slight risk for severe weather... Thanks, soon to be Jerry.

~Dew

9 comments:

  1. Way to stay on top of things, Mike. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the drought areas can get at least a little relief.

    Hey! Give me my slight risk back!! Not fair! Not fair! [on floor kicking and holding breath til turning blue]

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, did we win the cold war against the (white) russians last night??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought an STD was something different entirely....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, Many areas got significant amounts of rain with the former TD 10. Bucketfuls. As for my slight risk... you know the Dewvoid. I got NOTHING!

    Rick, No war was fought. Maybe next time.

    Annie, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you have White Russians you need me there for moral support and I'll even contribute to your delinquency like last time. Thank God they moved away...how embarrassing--Calypso dancing--it couldn't have been pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on up! I was just telling my friend about us crawling home after all the tequila that night. I am so glad it was just across the street, and you are so right, it is a doggone good thing they moved. I just realized that you have a blog... Holy cow, checking it out now.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...