The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Happy cinco de mayo!!!

Well, as it turns out, the weather for our Relay For Life was perfect. I had a great time, and our team raised lots more money out at the track. We well exceeded our goal, despite the state of the economy. I guess the need for cancer research and the need for a cure remain constant, even in hard times. I took some shots during opening ceremonies and after closing ceremonies, but the stuff in between kept me really busy... you know, the Macarena, the Electric Slide... lol. You should have seen the ferocious hail storm after the event... ... just kidding... ice from the coolers lay in piles all over the field... a sign of a successful event!

As if Relay wasn't enough, Mini-Dew had a competition on Saturday, all day, and on Sunday, we celebrated my wonderful groom's dear daughter's launch into teenage-hood. EEK! (Celebrating happy llama style... don't ask...)
Very busy weekend!

Unfortunately, it appears I did a little too much lifting for my tired body. All the supplies being carried to and from the campsite did a number on my already pained back, so I ended up in bed all day yesterday, under a strong dose of muscle relaxers with some significant muscle spasms erupting all over my back. It excited me to see the potential for severe weather, until I realized that my internet was down. UGH! No radar! No arm chair chasing, and NO CHASING! Well, I watched TWC, as the chance of storms diminished from 80% to 50% to 40% to NADA! Nothing! Not a drop of rain. Not a clap of thunder. Just grey icky skies and a Severe Thunderstorm Watch, which delayed EAS tone interruption bumped me out of the movie I was watching... aggravating. I watched as a strong line of storms with embedded tornadic cells disintegrated into NOTHINGNESS! I got a text message from Alabama Mike asking if I was chasing... nothing to chase here, nothing to chase, even if I could have.Today the slight risk misses me... and there are some great towers going up... we'll see. Maybe, we'll actually get some rain! Moderate risk in Texas...

Have a great Cinco de mayo!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...