The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beautiful sky

Oh, how I love a cirrus filled sky. Such a lovely thing to take in... This morning's sky was plastered with streams of cirrus clouds... mare's tails and contrails being absorbed into the sky... billowing cirrocumulous clouds and of course, some sun dogs (which weren't exceptionally photographic, but the scene in its entirety was outstanding). As I was backing out of my driveway, I caught a glimpse of this beaming sky, which shouted for me to capture it, so obediently, I grabbed my camera, put the car in park and snapped this shot of a glorious sky just after sunrise.cirrus filled skyI love the way the soft golden glow melts into blue, "dawn goes down to day... nothing gold can stay."

I suppose I should include the whole poem here.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
~Robert Frost, "Nothing Gold Can Stay"
Kind of a sad poem... helps me understand why I feel so compelled to capture the beauty around me in the moment. God's blessings are abundant, and we must take time to appreciate them while they are ours.

So, along the way, I knew that with the sun rising so beautifully into the sky, with the thin layer of fog, just barely kissing the ground, that the pond I pass along the way was certain to be breath taking, so I readied my camera, lowered the window, and held up the camera for a "drive-by shooting"... I didn't look, I just held up the camera and shot. This is what I got:God is good.

As for weather, seeing as how this is a weather blog, I figured I should talk some about the weather. We have some upcoming severe weather potential in the southern plains, with hail and tornadoes moving from Texas/Oklahoma into the Mississippi/Alabama area tomorrow, Mike and JB territory... not here.Slight risk for today and tomorrow in green outlined areasHave a great day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...