The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, September 30, 2010

Have a bright, SUNflowery day!

SKY WATCH FRIDAY time! Thanks to Dot and Tom, never forgotten founders of this great event. Come on, come fly with us!

Thanks to hosts: Klaus Sandy Sylvia Wren Louise Fishing Guy

For Skywatch Friday, I want to post a few inspirational skies and one interesting sky. The first was just a powerful homecoming sky! What a beautiful way for the Lord to welcome me “home” after a dreary day. I snapped this shot driving into my neighborhood!
The next is just an amazing sky on fire shot, one summer evening. I love it when that happens!
The last one, I took Monday. We had some crazy weather with severe potential throughout the day, and I looked around to notice this eerie yellow/green sky after a hard rain. Of course, me and my optimism were seeking out some slight sign of rotation to no avail, but the sky was notable to the point where people talked about the eerie yellow/green sky all day, even kids.
What a tropical mess! Tropical Storm Nicole was such for a matter of hours, but between her and the non-tropical low over the east coast, rain has been and will be unrelenting. We had a line of storms trained over us for the ENTIRE day yesterday! It was some obscure little lost line of storms that literally started before work and didn’t stop until after I left. The low pressure system over the east coast was sucking all the moisture out of Nicole and just inundating everybody. We survived it. It was actually nice to have such rain after such a long spell without. My thoughts turn to the central coast though. They just had that frontal system pass through which offered up record rainfall 10+” in a day. Now, they are experiencing a steady stream of drenching rain… they are facing 20+” in 3-4 days time. That is deadly flooding potential. Incidentally, flooding is the leading cause of weather-related deaths in the U.S., with approximately 93 deaths per year (the 30 year average). It is so important that if you see water over a road, you do NOT attempt to drive in it. Turn Around, Don’t Drown™. I can assure you that some of the infrastructure of those areas cannot support that much rain, in that short of a time. This is a deadly recipe…

I know it’s totally off the subject, but I wanted to share with you that my wonderful groom surprised me with a beautiful (weather-related… SUNflowers) bouquet of flowers yesterday, in celebration of our 3-year Date-iversary. I am so blessed to have him to share my life with!! Definitely a heart smile...

Have a glorious day!
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful skies & I love that sunflower - So happy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...