The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Spooky...

So, we had yet another terrific Halloween. It was a little cram packed full, and NASA knocked the wind out of my sails by rescheduling the launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery, but we had a terrific time. We covered the traditionals, complete with trip to pumpkin patch and carving. We had a terrific Halloween party packed with great fun and yummy food, and my wonderful groom and I got to show our true colors as I portrayed (get this) a weather geek and my wonderful groom portrayed a nerd. I know, so far out of character for us. It was so much fun!




When my wonderful groom saw the launch... Atlantis 10/23/07Tomorrow, we hope, the shuttle is expected to launch. Unfortunately, where the PERFECT forecast prevailed on Monday (not to mention the timing was PERFECT, but I’m not bitter), it looks like the launch will be contending with some cloudiness and chance showers. I dread the thought of going all the way down there to have the blasted (punny) thing cancelled. This is an item on my "Must-Dew-before-I-die" list, and with our much esteemed (cough cough) president swiping funds from this beloved program, I am running out of chances. Somehow privatizing the space program will save money, per President Obama; yet, public health is a good idea. It’s a shame they perform lobotomies on all politicians before they take office. I digress...

My heart aches for Haitians as they face yet another wave of potential disaster, with the potential Hurricane Tomas breathing down their necks. A voluntary evacuation has been put out there… where are they supposed to go… and pray tell, how are they supposed to get there?? I think I'm grumpy. I blame NASA.

Have a bright day.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...